Hmmm - I while back I made my own 'slipcover' for a Miche Bag and it was frustrating and stitchrippingly 'fun' (I'll post a picture of my first one at the end) ... so I put off trying another ... Until I was hit with a brainwave while 'treasure hunting' in a thrift shop today ... Hey - these nice placemats are about the same size as a Miche cover ....
~~ Cardboard template of full cover~~
(is for when I attempt to fabricate the whole cover)
~~~~~ Placemat $1.49 ~~~~(just seemed so much easier)
Cardboard template for each side of bag.
Cutting 2 pieces of dark fabric, which will be the inside that the original Miche cover flaps will be inserted into.
The curved edge will be the top of the cover (as the original Miche cover is curved like that)
Press the edges of the insides down ...
I also pressed & hemmed the straight edge that will be the opening for the flaps of the Original Miche cover to go into.
~~EPIC FAIL~~ was trying to use fusible Heat activated hemming tape (2 times grrr) that I just could not get to work ... so I gave up and sewed them to the placemat ...
.... the inside view ...
... Inserting the Original into the Newly made Cover
Voila ~~~ The curved top edge isn't quite perfect ... but what the who ... looks pretty okay .... could always add some ribbon along the top to hide it I guess
I've got another one that I fabric glued the inside panels into place - I think it will look better without the seams showing
This is the first attempt to make the whole thing from scratch ... pretty wobbly seams along the top ... but I've gotten lots of compliments on it :)