Monday, August 13, 2012

Thrifty Little Ones Painter's Palette

So, I saw a bunch of pins on how you can melt broken wax crayons in a silicon baking pan and melt them in the oven ... 

then a facebook friend posted that she tried it and ended up setting up her smoke detector because the thrift store container she bought was plastic, not silicon, therefore it melting and almost started a fire.... 

hmmmm ... I think the ones I bought were plastic also ... Red Hearts, Blue Fish and Green Stars ... I guess they will, forever be ice cube trays ...

Until one day, when my son wanted to paint and I was searching the tupperware cupboard for the token and usually plentiful margarine container lid to put the paint on .... but no, none to be found ... what can I use? hmmmm .... well looky here, and there rebirth happened ... Put each colour into each heart, with a couple left over for custom colours and presto ...


A Thrifty Little Ones Painter Palette

linked to craftyconfessions

1 comment:

  1. This is such a sweet idea! What a great little palette.. I usually give my kids a paper plate with paint.. but I think I may be searching out my old ice cube trays instead! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party.. I am your newest follower~
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete

comments make me happy :) I'll try to return the favour