I heart little girl things.
Skirts and dresses.
Lace and Ribbon.
Alas, I was blessed with a little boy. So I must adapt ...
Practical & Sturdy.
Denim & Dark colours.
........ So lets at least try to keep it a little fun!!~~~~~
1. Military colour shirt - $1.99 @ VV Boutique (aka Value village Thrift Store) - Men's small
2.Chopped off both arms
3. Measured with one of my sons shirts that fits him (even a little too big) I don't want him outgrowing this next month!
4. Using that same shirt - measured to see how much to take out of the sides - pinned and serged edges - remember to leave the arm hole open - this is where we have to reattach the arms
5. Reattached arms ~ at this point I overthink things - don't put one of the arms one inside out and think you might be able to get away with it - you will HAVE to take it off and put it on the right way *wink*
6. At this point - if you have a girl this would be perfect for a Dress!
7. Add Army-esque embelishments - Of course I just used some of my scraps. The stripes are some ribbon my little man picked out himself.
Before he would wear it I had to make matching pants (he's very matchy-matchy for 3.5) So I quickly put together some pants with big Cargo-type pockets on both legs made from the left over shirt material - and an elastic waist ... Apparently -this is how he feels he should 'pose' for the camera .... and the cowboy hat? I have no idea - maybe he escaped the Cuban Army?